Thursday, December 09, 2010

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet


"What's in a name" the all famous phrase from Shakespeare that we all know about. This is about how Indian women have to change to their husbands name after wedding. In earlier days it was a necessity but nowadays women are more liberal and tend to add their husbands name to their surname.
For me I never gave it much of a thought as I did not think I would change my name bcoz that was the identity I grew up with but due to some govt formalities I had to go for a name change after wedding and I decided to change it to my husbands name.
Now if you ask me about it I really don't care one way or the other. I love both my dad and my husband a lot and keeping ones name and dropping the others does not really change any equation..so as i said initially - What's in a name"? you are still the same person you used to be :)

No comments: