Friday, February 20, 2009

Healthy Spinach Soup



It was a Friday nite and that meant no tiffin for the next day. I had a little dosa batter left and so I quickly made 3 dosas for hubby. I had to eat something too and as we had just got some spinach from Rainbows I decided to try a Spinach soup receipe that I had seen on the net.

Here is what I did:-
Ingredients - 1/2 plate spinach leaves (well washed)
1/2 onion
3 pods garlic
1/4th cup milk.

Heat oil in a kadai, once hot add garlic pods. Once garlic gets a little brown add the onions, salt and sautee. Now fill this with 3/4 cup water and add the spinach leaves. Heat till spinach and onion leaves are tender(about 7 mins). Blend this to liquid in a blender. No need to add extra water while blending.
Remove the water from the kadai. Add this spinach puree and 1/4th cup milk, salt and pepper to your taste and let it simmer for a few minutes.
Server this healthy and tasty appetizer in a bowl.
I had my nutritious soup today, you can try it too, very simple and tasty.

I submit this to the Weekend Herb Blogging.Link to the site is here. Link to Susan's website is here

3 comments:

Susan said...

It doesn't get easier than this!

Thanks, Horizon, for the colorful and healthy recipe for WHB!

Laurie Constantino said...

This sounds as if it would take only 20-30 minutes - what a great recipe to keep in mind for days when there's hardly any time to cook!

MR said...

that;s healthy and green
good recipe